Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hillary Rodham Clinton - Secretary of State


Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20520 USA

Dear Mrs. Clinton,

I was expecting Americans to be more honest than Brazilians when I decided to pursue a ‘scientific discovery’ in the US instead of Brazil. I have to be surprised finding out that USPTO let lay Examiners judge Hydrology on fluidic devices shamefully harming my science and my project allowing violating patents with scientific flaws.

On May 10, 1996 your husband and former American president Bill Clinton said on my PhD commencement that we were proud of receiving the highest education that the US could offer their citizens and that some of us down the line would be creating new technologies and jobs never imagined before. He was delivering his first speech for reelection on my commencement and I thought he meant it deeply as part of the American dream policy.

It seems that the former President Clinton failed on Monica Samille Levinsky case and perhaps this would not be just a shallow misstatement for reelection. To be honest nature did not invent wedding but sex for procreation. I believed he was not lying and there is a chance for you to ensure that it takes place because new jobs are in demand recently. There is a scientific and technological gap offering an opportunity to create a new science bringing Hydrology Science to the patenting affairs mending important outcome to Water and Energy Cycles. My ‘scientific discovery’ as an issued patent cancels around 50,000 obsolete patents and open room from new 200,000 patents expanding Hydrology and mass flow dynamics. Imagine an engine that could burn biomass requiring no Ethanol production but using the whole plant carbon fuel! My hardship derives more confidence of top minds missing subtle pathways turning things more complicated than required. There are easy solutions for complex problems if we focus our minds wisely.

Mrs. Clinton my government sent me to the US because I wanted to be a scientist and develop outstanding technology important to improve Brazil outcome. In my academic life I never flunked at school during 22 years as I also got my PhD in 3.5 years with honors while Americans usually take 7 years and half quit on their struggle. I still had time to have two children during my doctorate and ran two half-marathons. Besides Portuguese I also speak English and French.

My former institution Embrapa invested around a million dollars on my PhD graduation in the US and fired me two years afterwards even I had a sort of ‘scientific discovery’ to pursue in Hydrodynamics and a family of three kids to raise. Also I was a legal employee hired under public contest. I was harassed and my family threatened. It seemed that I was too honest to fit in. This is not a surprise since Brazilians institutions are job hungers and corruption takes a toll of about 20 % of public assets in my country. In Brazil we ran a sort of flawed democracy with mandatory voting presenting no differences on picking candidates that grab public resources to get wealthy. Corruption scandals in Brazil are so commonplace like weather forecasts – the system protects itself resulting no political crime jailing.

I believe that any form of government that honesty prevails should work and protect its citizens. The American democracy is less corrupt than Brazilian one sparing on corruption and wasting on weapon industry bullying the rest of the world. The US invaded Iraq on lame excuses annihilating thousands of innocent lives of believers thinking their government was competent to protect the interest of society. Brazilian government corruptions and inefficiency is taking its toll as education is degrading and the gap between have and have-nots increase tremendously. The public criminality is always increasing as people live in fortresses with electrical wiring, fences, grids, etc.

By simple logics If Saddan Hussein had atomic weapons he would be alive today. Israel already has it and probably Iran and North Korea will get them since Americans are showing not trustworthy and very bully.

You need to update the rhetoric of your international approach. In the past communism was the scapegoat and now your country is using terrorism as a way to deceive your own voters and the rest of the world. The threat to the US is just called modern life as obesity is spreading and taking its toll. Today Americans are around one-third obese and two-thirds overweight. About 85% of Americans will become obese according to a research by 2040 if this trend continues. Americans went to the moon and could create atomic weapons but producing food excessively and having machinery to replace human work brings a new challenge toward human existence when food chase man for profit and sedentarism spreads because of human ignorance on the basic lifestyles. Brazilians also are getting obese slower eating Brazilian food and even our president Mr. Lula da Silva is having troubles to get fit and healthy.

It took around 10,000 years to develop a complete food production system and about 200 years to make it mechanized. But, it may take some decades till humans learn how to live in the modern landscape plenty of food and machinery replacing needed human body work physiology. Diplomas only help Americans to get rich but adopting a healthy lifestyle is beyond education. Mr. Obama is failing on his leadership as he assigned Dr. Regina Benjamin a 42 lbs overweight lady as a General Surgeon of the US.

Why a person with deep background on healthy issues will convince regular citizens when she fails on her how homework – having a healthy lifestyle? Leaders are supposed to be sound models to be followed if credit is to be warranted.

Why am I contacting you?

Just because I spent around 12 years on my project pursuing a ‘scientific discovery’ as I have issued patents in the US that so innovative as being violated at USPTO with flawed patents that even do not work. When I see the outcome of jaycee Duggard and Bernie Maddoff I understand how ugly a specific situation can reach a point at your neighborhood.

There is no excuse for the USPTO to ignore the claims of my issued patent requiring strong background in Hydrogeology/Soil Physics. In the fall of 1992 I took the disciple of Hydrogeology with Dr. Richard Parizek at Penn State Univ. with around 130 students. Hydrology is one of the oldest sciences and there are thousands of professionals in the US to do this job accordingly and it seems that USPTO having around 6,000 examiners none of them is a Hydrologist.

Hydrology issues in the patenting affairs must be examined by Hydrologists.

Since 2006 in written communication I have been demanding USPTO to stop a massive infringement on my issued patent rights suggesting the following below:

1. Hire Examiners with background in Hydrogeology and/or Soil Physics so that they have full comprehension of fluids moving on porosity;

2. Cancel issued patents with scientific flaws. Obsolete patents are cancelled naturally by becoming outdated;

3. Make a public statement about Hydrology negligence hurting all Hydrological community as well as my project that needs experts in Hydrology to protect the content of my issued claims.

4. Compensate for my losses since as an inventor filing patents I was not expecting lay people handling hydrology in the examination process by USPTO.

5. Since USPTO is failing to protect my IP rights my patents should be eligible for time extension of their expiration dates (new demand).

6. Issue a bill requiring Hydrology be handled by Hydrologists preventing laypeople from harming standing common knowledge in the scientific literature (new demand).

7. Make people accountable for breaking the Law regarding my complaints (new demand).

I bumped to a sort of ‘scientific discovery dealing with Classical Hydrology being neglected near a century by the patenting system on fluidic devices since the USPTO database is showing that inventors, attorneys, and even examiners are just lay people not trained in Hydrology Science simply ignoring long standing conceptions of fluids moving on porosity.

Easily I figured out that Hydrology in the patenting system is handled by laypeople tracking down conductivity assessment. Today around 72,427 patents mention Heat/Thermal Conductivity, about 52,740 on Electric/Electrical Conductivity, and only 506 on Hydraulic Conductivity. Wick/wicking which is not in the Hydrology scientific terminology is mentioned in around 25,097 issued patents. The phenomenon of wick/wicking is called Unsaturated Hydraulic conductivity and is mentioned today in just 21 issued patents.

My first patent US 6,766,817 was easily issued on Jul 25, 2004 but afterwards it was ignored massively showing that USPTO has no Hydrologists in the examination process. My partners Patent Attorneys suggested me to request IDS (Information Disclosure Statement) so that the examiners would be required to consider my new conceptions in Hydrodynamics bearing a strong scientific background from my PhD Hydrology books.

By the way, wick/wicking is the kite of aerodynamics marring today 25,097 issued patents by skirting common knowledge in classical Hydrology showing how long a Classical Science can be ignored. None of my PhD textbooks in Hydrology ever quote the words wick or wicking because it has no scientific leverage that connotes fundamentals of fluid dynamics.

By the way, Hydrology is not a new science. Henry Darcy proposed a Law about Saturated Flow in 1856 to address Hydraulic Conductivity on porosity. Edgard Buckingham proposed an updating equation to measure Unsaturated Hydraulic Flow in 1907 and my issued patent US 6,766,817 is the first one to measure it on artificial porosity near a century later deploying classical hydrogeology to the patenting system.

There is plenty of coherence to create a new science I called ‘Hydrotechnology’ to address this huge technological and scientific gap bringing Hydrogeology principles to artificial porosity exploring molecular connectivity on mass flow dynamics. I think that it is possible to develop an engine system that runs on solid biomass requiring no liquid fuel (US 2004/0237529)

The Commissioner of Patents is suggesting that I challenge at the Court of Law violations of my patents that I disagree. I told him that it may be more appropriate to challenge USPTO on Dereliction of Duty and Breaching of Ethics. Many violating patents have scientific flaws from lay people that do not have the appropriate expertise to address the subject and is taking advantage of USPTO negligence on Hydrological Examination allowing non Hydrologists break Ethics on a field they are not known in the art – HYDROLOGY. When filing patents at USPTO I was expecting Hydrology be examined by Hydrologists and my patent rights be respected accordingly.

Honesty and commonality are the best analytical tools to make inroads to nature secrets. Some lay inventors propelled by ignorance think that flying a kite can lead them toward airplanes by skirting aerodynamics.

I already sent 10 registered letters to Mr. Obama and posted them on my blogger (http://hydrotechnology.blogspot.com/). I got now answer providing any input that issue is being taken care of. I believe it to be just another tip from a broad failure on public management.

If I were working with dynamite chemistry like Mr. Alfred Nobel did becoming rich and famous helping governments wage wars I would have no such dilemma. Hydrology is more toward the balance and peace of society exploiting hydrodynamic functioning like nature did to develop life on many forms. So, I already told Mr. Obama that there is no paradox receiving the Nobel Peace Prize awards and sending 30,000 troops to Afghanistan since Mr. Nobel achievement is marred by war engagement developing explosives. There is nothing noble behind Nobel Prizes.

Perhaps terrorists are common citizens inside the society derailing it from a due stable course. Some of them are in the Walll Street distorting economic functioning taking advantage of government incompetence to protect society interest. Investment is supposed to run like an equation: investment = investment + profit. Anything beyond that is taking advantage of greed and fears marring basic rules of offer and demand. The Stock Exchange System burned around 40 trillion dollars in this last economic meltdown that no package can mend in a short time. This happens because government employees like you do not do what you are paid for. The consequence is that around 50 to 100 million people around the world lost their jobs and property value in the US are down around 20% in many places.

I offered my ideas to The Procter & Gumble Company five times (11526, 11170, 11533, 11534, and 11979). They showed no interest on advanced hydrology to apply on absorbent technology. But, afterwards my ideas started coming poorly inside their patent applications and I had to ask IDS like happened to 20080015531. They cannot grab my ideas stepping over my claims on the argument that they did not know what they were doing taking advantage of USPTO negligence toward Hydrology. I had to crack down their email system and tell straight to their 80 Lawyers and thousand of Inventors about the Law and the importance of honesty and fairness. I hate working as scientist hunting people like rats to tell them about their duties and respect. This was not supposed to happen in the US.

They are not smart. What is the chance that a layperson flying a kite will any day develop airplanes by skirting aerodynamic principles?

USPTO issued US 7,625,649 ‘Vapor feed fuel cells with a passive thermal-fluids management system’ by Faghri; Amir (Mansfield, CT), Guo; Zhen (Storrs Mansfield, CT) assigned to University of Connecticut (Farmington, CT)

It seems that the inventor Dr. Amir Faghri is just a Mechanical Engineer PhD trying to work with fluid management totally ignoring ancient and classical Hydrogeology on fluids moving on porosity and even the content of my issue patent US 6,766,817. As a former Dean of School of Engineering he is supposed to be aware on academic principles, professional ethics as well as Patent Laws (§ 1.56 Duty to disclose information material to patentability) regarding the obligation of disclosing information on patentability sent on many communications to inventors and attorneys on 8/8/2007, 4/17/2008, and 5/26/2008.

Why not refer my patent in the list as lawfully requested so the Examiner could protect my issued claims accordingly honoring Patent Laws?

They even do not know that liquid move by a Hydraulic Gradient and the flow is addressed by Saturated or Unsaturated Hydraulic Conductivity. What about fluid matric potential, water table, pore connectivity, anisotropic flow, saturated and unsaturated hydraulic zone, etc.? They are just laypeople trying to make inroads in a field they have no expertise taking advantage of USPTO negligence toward Hydrology science.

It seems that other professions like Mechanical and Chemical Engineering tried to develop their own Hydrology far from the textbooks and are failing to take advantages on long standing accepted common knowledge.

Brazil is a country that soccer, samba, and carnival prevail because this field of human activity is not dependent on government support and honesty. But, Americans who wants to lead the world even do not know how to care for their bellies. Look at obesity level among faculties and you will see how much education is helping your country toward a safe future reaching nature balance.

Ms. Clinton, when your husband mentioned about new frontiers on science and technology he did not mention that the US government institutions would be a drag.

By the way, it seems that African-Americans are more affected by obesity due to their higher appetite level being more affected by modern food. Research is showing that half of female black adults over 40 are obese in the US. It means that if Mr. Obama gets more serious he could help better his own people heritage to face new demands on a different environment.

I neither care for fame nor wealth but my family need a support that my honest work is supposed to reward them. My wife got breast cancer and mastectomy and it seems that I am failing on them while my own country dishonored my honest job and your country is hurting my ‘scientific discovery’ grounded on my PhD textbooks.

My life is very critical shape but your future is not shining because you do not understand the importance of being honest and pursue nature functioning to guide humans on safe grounds toward our long living existence.

I hope that you open your eyes around and start understanding that you are failing on your duties and new approaches should bring your endeavors toward a balance with nature and respect of science.

We are facing the turning point of human existence when our own actions require a new way of surviving protecting nature functioning and the outcome of our own makeup.

Hydrology is strong by itself and my claims should get what it is meant for. There is a chance of creating a new science I call Hydrotechnology just to expand the outcome of my achievement to many others and creating thousands of jobs and honing sound technological frontiers long neglected on patenting affairs.

Hydrotechnology = Hydrogeology on artificial porosity + mass flow dynamics accounting for molecular connectivity

Perhaps before going to the moon we need to learn how to struggle at our own unique home living in balance with the principles of our existence that molded us in a long journey of past with a different landscape we have today.

Kind regards,

Campinas, Brazil, February 9, 2010

Elson Silva, Ph. D.

Av. Dr. Júlio Soares de Arruda, 838

Parque São Quirino

CEP 13088-300 - Campinas - SP - Brazil

Phone 55 *19 3256-7265

Email: el_silva@uol.com.br

(http://hydrotechnology.blogspot.com/) (http://tubarc.blogspot.com/)

(http://hydrology-tubarc.blogspot.com/) (http://ip-know-how-tubarc.blogspot.com/)

c.c:

Mr. Barack Obama, President of the United States of America

Robert L. Stoll, Director of the USPTO

Thomas Shannon, U.S. Ambassador to Brazil

Michael J. Hogan, President of The University of Connecticut

Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, Brazilian President

The Procter & Gamble Company, Intellectual Property

No comments:

Post a Comment